While we're so ready for our lovebug to get here, I'm savoring these last moments of feeling him kicking, hiccuping, and wiggling about. I'm also savoring this sweet time with my husband, and I'm so thankful for this relaxing weekend that we filled with decorating for Christmas, playing games, cooking and baking good food (like these), and having a marathon of the show 24! It won't be long at all before we're spending our weekends loving on this sweet little baby!
- I have testing and an ultrasound scheduled for Thursday to see how the little man is doing in there, and if everything is okay they will let me go to 42 weeks. If not, they'll be inducing labor. We're hoping he'll come before then but I know that ultimately God's timing and plan for the birth are perfect.
Best Parts of the Week:
- We are getting SO excited for our first Christmas with a baby! We got our stockings at Kohl's two years ago for our first Christmas together, but they don't have the same ones there anymore. However, we found a teeny little stocking at AC Moore and decided that it would be just right for this year! Besides, we're not planning on filling any stockings this year, so it's not a big deal if he has a little one! :)
- We wrote and addressed the majority of our Christmas cards so that once the baby is here, all we'll have to do is put a picture or announcement of his birth in the cards and send them off! I so loved writing all THREE of our names in the cards for the first time! :)
Symptoms: We really thought I was going into labor last night because I started having regular contractions about 7 minutes apart. However, they stopped after about six, and we realized it was not the night!
- I got several looks of shock when people asked at the grocery store and at church when I'm due and I said "Today!" People start worrying that I'll go into labor right then and there!
- We went on a 45 minute walk yesterday and an hour walk today, but that little guy is not budging. We also gave him a pep talk this morning about how it's supposed to be his birthday and that we're ready for him. We may have scared him away from coming out, as he was probably wondering who those crazies are! Also, I got some raspberry tea, only to realize it's actually raspberry leaf tea that supposedly induces labor, but it can't hurt to try it! I'm about to spend some more time relaxing with my hubby by the Christmas tree with a cup of tea! :)
I am praying for this sweet baby daily and I am so excited to meet this precious little one who has been growing in me over the past nine months. God has been so good to us and our marriage, and I can't wait to see how we grow and change as we pour out our love on this blessing.
I hope to be sharing news soon that he has arrived, but in the meantime I'll be trying my best to be patient, joyful, and appreciative of God's faithfulness!