- When my midwife felt him on Tuesday, she said he feels like he's between 5.5 and 6 pounds and she thinks he'll be about 7.5 to high 7s when he's born!
- I am not dilated yet, but according to the L&D nurses who did our tour at the hospital, dilation really does not give any clue as to when the baby is going to arrive.
Best parts of the week: There have been so many good things going on for us this week!
- We got our maternity pictures in the mail!
- Our Bible study group had a sweet little baby shower for us before Bible study on Monday! We are so, so blessed to be a part of our church community and truly thankful to have so many people who already love our baby boy!
- We finally finished our baby project! We transformed a cherry bookshelf we had into a baby wardrobe by sanding it, painting it, adding a fabric background, and putting shower rods in it to hang the baby clothes! And by we.....I mean that Thomas put hours and hours into it and I helped where I could! :) I wish I had a before picture to share!
- My parents came to visit this weekend and brought us even more baby things and gifts from some of her friends at work! I told my mom that I was unable to find a cozy blue winter outfit with bear ears in a small size for the baby, so she of course went looking and found one! She also crocheted him a sweet little blue hat (actually she made two haha!) and I am SO excited to see our little man looking all snuggly and warm! Bear ears are my absolute favorite baby thing, and I've always wanted to dress my baby in one of these suits in the winter! :)
My mom also brought us a really cute Pottery Barn animal rug that one of the teachers at my mom's school gave her to give me! Our little study is transforming from our storage room to a hodgepodge of our junk and storage for the baby!
Symptoms: I'm continuing to have back pain and just started having occasional sharp pains shooting down my legs, which is so not fun! I suppose that's sciatica.
Cravings: Not much of anything to be honest!
- I never thought I'd share a picture of my bare belly on the internet, but this is kind of funny! My midwife drew a picture of the baby's current position at my appointment this week! Still head down and ready to go!
I'm going to have to try to take my mind off of the baby over the next few weeks while I study for my board exam, but I know that is going to be hard to do! I'm just so ready for this guy to make his appearance!
Any tips for packing the bag for the hospital? Does anyone have prayer intentions they'd like me to pray for while I'm in labor?