I cannot believe I've hit the 6 month mark! 16 weeks to go (give or take a few) until we get to meet our little one! I've been busy at my parent's house and don't have an actual bumpdate photo, but here's a picture of me and Thomas from today! I'll get my mom to take one tomorrow, and then I'll add it to the post!
- He weighs 1 1/3 pounds and is almost 1 foot long!
- His growth is completely taking over my body, as my uterus is apparently the size of a soccer ball, which I think is mind blowing!
- His lungs are making cells that produce surfactant, which will help him with breathing once he's born.
- Apparently his skin is still translucent!
Best parts of the week:
- We can SEE his movements now! It is amazing to watch my belly when he's particularly active to see him squirming around in there! I can't wait until we can tell what little body parts are poking out! My family was also excited because they got to feel him and see him moving this weekend!
- I finished up my first fieldwork rotation this week, and the therapists got me some sweet gifts for the baby, which was so, so thoughtful!
- This is embarrassing, but funny, so I suppose I'll share! Thomas caught me in the act of eating the last bit of ice cream straight from the carton after a particularly long day of fieldwork...guilty as charged. At least I have pregnancy as an excuse, right?
- This cracks me up because it's so Thomas! After grocery shopping, he gives me one or two bags to take and then insists on taking all of them up three flights of stairs at once. He won't let me take more bags, and he refuses to take two trips! I tease him, but really I know I'm lucky to have a guy who cares so much about me and the baby!
Cravings: I don't know where in the world this came from, but bagels topped with cream cheese, avocado, and salt. I know it sounds disgusting, but oh, it is good stuff to this pregnant lady. Breakfast of champs this week! ;)
Symptoms: I think I just have to accept that this getting faint thing is a part of my pregnancy! I am just thankful that I haven't been really sick or had to deal with other uncomfortable problems yet.
Other: We won a 4D sonogram at the maternity fair we went to in the spring before the news was official, and we just booked the appointment for September 5th! We are so, so, so excited for it!