A couple of you asked for this recipe, so here it is!
Pretzel Crust (from this recipe)
- 3 cups of broken pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate filling (From this s'mores pie...which is AMAZING, by the way!)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Whipped Cream (This made lots of leftover whipped cream, which we just used up on top of ice cream!)
- Chocolate covered pretzels
1. Crush pretzels. Combine with the brown sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Combine the heavy cream and milk in a saucepan over low heat. Once it simmers, add the chocolate and remove from the heat. Stir it until the chocolate melts, and then whisk in the sugar and salt.
4. Lightly beat 2 eggs in a separate bowl. Add them to the chocolate mixture as you whisk.
5. Pour the chocolate filling into the crust. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chocolate is not liquid anymore.
Let it cool completely in the fridge before frosting it with whipped cream! The chocolate pretzels on top are great and add a perfect crunch - however, it does make it harder to cut through!