If there's any dessert that tops them all for me, it might have to be a creamy slice of cheesecake. Whenever my family goes to the Cheesecake Factory, I sit there and drool over all of the different kinds on display - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, Caramel Pecan Turtle - alright, I better stop - it's making me hungry just thinking about their cheesecake! As much as I love all those fun flavors, sometimes I just want a plain slice of cheesecake.
One of my best friends made this strawberry cheesecake recipe without the strawberries, and it was amazing! So creamy and delicious! It's now my go-to plain cheesecake recipe, and it's really easy to whip up.
Word to the wise - don't even try using low fat or fat free cream cheese in hopes of making a little less fattening dessert. I made that mistake once, and it came out with a rubbery texture. Some things in life are just meant to be on the unhealthy side!
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumb
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
3 softened packages cream cheese (8oz packages)
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press the mixture onto the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and put it in the refrigerator while you mix the other ingredients.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
3. Beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until it's light and fluffy. Beat the condensed milk in. Add the lemon juice and eggs with the beater on low until it's just combined.
4. Bake at 300 degrees for about 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost set.
5. Cool it for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then run a butter knife around the edge of the pan carefully to loosen it up. Let it cool for one more hour and refrigerate it overnight. This is optional, but I used raspberries around the top just to give it a special look!
I hope you enjoy it!