- I Use NFP This is the best place to look for general information about NFP. You can learn about the different methods, find the answers to frequently asked questions, read real life stories from other women, and learn more about why NFP is such a good option.
- 1 Flesh This is a website developed by college students who promote the idea of marriage without contraception. There are a lot of good articles with information about the risks of taking birth control, as well as real life stories from women.
- Contraception: Why Not? by Dr. Janet Smith - This is the text from one of her lectures, and it truly is the best source because she gives a comprehensive picture of the medical, health, societal, and religious impact of birth control. This is one of the first articles I came across in my research before switching to NFP.
- Christopher West has an excellent series of small posts on contraception. Really anything written by him is a good source to look at for a deeper understanding of why the church does not allow contraception!
- Part 1: Contraception and Cultural Chaos
- Part 2: Does Contraception Foster Love?
- Part 3: Contraception and the Language of the Body
- Part 4: Sex Speaks: True and False Prophets
- Part 5: Contraception vs. Natural Family Planning
- Part 6: Humanae Vitae and True Sexual Freedom
- Birth Control and NFP: What's the Difference?
- Marriage: Love and Life in the Divine Plan
- Contraceptive References in the Bible by Fr. William Saunders
- The IUD: Some Facts for an Informed Choice
- Things Your Doctor Might Not Have Told You About Your Birth Control
- Deadly Health Risks for Women: The Unspoken Side of the Obama Birth Control Mandate for Women by Jen Giroux, a Registered Nurse
- Humanae Vitae by Pope Paul VI - This was written in the 60s, and it upholds the teachings of the Catholic Church on contraception. It is crazy to see how his predictions of what would happen if contraception were introduced into marriage have come true.
- Abortifacient Shmortifacient - A great post that shows how virtually all types of birth control act as abortifacients.
- Birth Control for Teens by Mandi
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility: If you want a secular book that doesn't look at the religious aspects, I highly recommend this one. I can't advocate it from a Catholic standpoint because it talks about the FAM method where you use barrier methods during periods of abstinence. However, there is very comprehensive information about women's cycles and reproductive health.
- Adam and Eve After the Pill: Paradoxes of the Sexual Revolution by Mary Eberstadt - This is SO good. A very, very fascinating read about how the introduction of contraception has had a devastating impact on our society, in terms of divorce, pornography, etc. It gave me chills and fired me up against the use of birth control.
- Theology of the Body for Beginners by Christopher West - This book gives a beginning understanding of the Catholic Church's teachings on sexuality. It is based off of the Pope John Paul II's 129 lectures during the 70s and 80s.
- Holy Sex by Dr. Gregory Popcak - This is a great book that discusses the Catholic view of sex and breaks down a lot of the false beliefs people have about what is acceptable in a marriage.
- Good News About Sex and Marriage: Answers to Your Honest Questions About Catholic Teaching by Christopher West - This is the only book on here that I have not read, but I have heard so many good things about it, and I am planning on reading it soon!
- Why My Husband and I Don't Use Contraception by Stephanie
- The Protestant Pill Predicament by Destiny - I love this take on birth control from a Protestant! Also, just a little FYI, did you know that all Christian churches condemned birth control in marriage for 1,900 years, up until 1930 when the Anglican church broke off with their teaching??
- What NFP Isn’t by Jenny
- Charting for Single Women by Elizabeth Hillgrove
- Plant the Seed by Hilary
- How to Ruin Your Marriage with NFP by Simcha Fisher
- How NFP Keeps Me Out of the Dog House by James
- Stacy's Story by Stacy
- Erin's Story - Her mom had a stroke from taking birth control pills!
- Open to Life by Mandi
- Why I Use NFP: NFP vs. HBC: Part 1 and Part 2 by Jess
I hope this is helpful! Please let me know if there are any others you think I should add to the list!