I was looking for Halloween dessert ideas on Pinterest, and I came across these Rice Krispie treat pumpkins on a store website. I wanted to recreate them, although the ones from the store are way cuter. They are super easy to make!
I basically tripled the original Rice Krispie Treat recipe, so here's what you'll need:
18 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
3 bags of 10 oz marshmallows
9 tablespoons of butter
Orange food coloring
leaf cookie cutter
1. Start by making the regular Rice Krispie Treat recipe (I tripled the recipe and made it in three different pots). Once the marshmallows are melted, add orange food coloring before adding the cereal to make it your desired color of orange.
2. Let the mixture sit for about a minute because it will be hot.
3. Roll it into balls and set them on wax paper. I had to rub butter on my hands to roll them because the mixture stuck to me so much.
4. Before the balls are set, stick a tootsie roll in the top. You will have to press it in a little bit.
5. Roll out the fondant and use the cookie cutter to make leaves and put them on top. Or, just make them without leaves!
This made about 26 pumpkins.