I got this recipe from my mom, and it came from the Crazy About Chocolate Cookbook. I made a few changes because I like graham cracker crust better than vanilla wafer crust, and I had to add in a little more chocolate because apparently even Crazy About Chocolate's chocolate just doesn't cut it for my sweet tooth! I've made this a few times, and I promise this is really, really good!
1 1/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup of sugar
6 tablespoons of butter
1 (14 oz) package caramels
1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sugar
16 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl. Press into the bottom of an 8.5 or 9 inch springform pan and set asidel
2. Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk in a small saucepan over low heat until it's smooth. Stir the mixture frequently.
3. While the caramels are cooking, toast the pecans. Stir the pecans into the caramel.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth. Then add the eggs and beat well.
6. Melt the chocolate and stir it into the mix.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees (Keep an eye on it with your oven though! It may need more or less)
8. Loosen from the sides of the pan and let it cool in the pan. It's better if you refrigerate it overnight.