These truffles are extremely easy to make and they are so, so decadent. Thomas and I have been calling them our "luxury item" of the week and have been trying to ration them out.
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter (cut in small pieces)
- 1 3/4 cup Ghiradelli Bitersweet Chocolate Chips (60%)
- Something to dip them in (cocoa powder, nuts, chocolate, etc.)
I know some people avoid things like cream and butter, but I would much rather eat stuff like that in small doses than "low-fat" items like margarine that have all kinds of crazy ingredients in them. My family teases me for avoiding things like partially hydrogenated oils in my food hehe! :)
1. Simmer the cream in a small saucepan. Add the butter to the cream and stir until it's melted. Add the chocolate chips and stir until the mixture is completely smooth. Remove from heat and pour it into a shallow bool.
2. Cover the mixture and let it cool for about 2 hours until it's firm.
3. Use a small spoon or melon ball to roll it into 1 inch balls. I had a hard time with this and ended up using my hands. - That was SUPER messy because it starts melting!
4. Roll them in anything you desire! I did half in cocoa powder and half in crushed nuts. They'd also be really good dipped in chocolate or crushed pretzels.
* These can be refrigerated in an airtight container for about 2 weeks (not that you'll be able to keep them for that long without eating them!)
* The recipe says it makes 30, but I made about 18. I must have made them on the bigger side.