I brought along some strawberry cheesecake for dessert. This is probably the best recipe for cheesecake I have ever found. It is seriously so incredibly rich and creamy. I've made it several times now, and it always seems to be a hit! I found the recipe on allrecipes. If you make it I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumb
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 softened packages cream cheese (8oz packages
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed mil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs
1. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press the mixture onto the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and put it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
2. Combine the thawed strawberries and cornstarch in a blender until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Boil while stirring for 2 minutes. Set aside 1/3 cup of the strawberry sauce and let it cool. Put the rest of the sauce in a container in the refrigerator to be used to pour on top of cheesecake slices when you serve it.
4. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
5. Beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until it's light and fluffy. Beat the condensed milk in. Add the lemon juice and eggs with the beater on low until it's just combined.
6. Pour half of the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan. Drop half of the strawberry sauce (the 1/3 cup you set aside) by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto that layer. Then carefully spoon the remaining cheesecake mixture on top of that.
7. Cut through only the top layer with a butter knife to swirl the strawberry sauce.
8. Bake at 300 degrees for about 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost set.
9. Cool it for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then run a butter knife around the edge of the pan carefully to loosen it up. Let it cool for one more hour and refrigerate it overnight. This is optional, but I used cream cheese frosting to decorate around the top of the cheesecake to give it a prettier presentation.
Just a little note - One of my friends made this without the strawberry stuff, and it makes an amazing plain cheesecake! I think it would be so fun to have a cheesecake bar with plain cheesecake and lots of different toppings when you have people over for dinner.
Lastly, any tips on not having the top of your cheesecake get all cracked up? I have not been able to master that skill yet!