I am always looking for new recipes to use up extra ripe bananas, and I've made these muffins from Allrecipes a couple times. They're really moist and delicious, and even my banana-hating husband loves them and could probably eat the whole batch in a day.
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Spray 12 regular sized muffin cups with cooking spray or use cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, beat the sugar, bananas, egg, and melted butter together.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until it's just moistened.
5. Put the batter into the 12 muffin cups.
6. Mix together the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle this topping on top of the muffin batter in the tins.
7. Bake for about 18-20 minutes at 375 degrees, or until you can stick a toothpick in the center of a muffin and it comes out clean.