- The first rule is to post these rules.
- Post a photo of yourself then write 11 things about you/your life
- Answer the questions for you set in the original post
- Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them
- Go to their blog/twitter to tell them you have tagged them.
11 Random Things About my Life:
1. I take way too many pictures and can drive my family and husband insane. You might see more pictures than you care to see on my blog!
2. I really do not like driving. Driver's ed teachers always worried about students thinking "This is never going to happen to me." I unfortunately was the only one who thought "Oh my goodness, ______, _____, and _____ are all going to happen to me if I drive!"
3. If you couldn't guess it from my blog name, I love, love, love dessert! I have such a sweet tooth and I really enjoy baking.
4. I also really love fruits and vegetables, and have gotten in trouble for eating too many when I lived at home because I didn't leave enough for the rest of the family. True story. Isn't that a problem most parents want?
5. I'm not a big fan of change. It terrified me to move to a new city for graduate school.
6. Along with number 5, I am constantly working on trying to follow God's plan for my life instead of my own agenda. I'm trying to remember that changes in the past have always led to personal growth.
7. Along with numbers 5 and 6, I am so incredibly grateful for our church here. That has been the biggest blessing of this city. We've met many amazing people (all older than us) and we have gotten involved in some awesome Bible studies.
8. My husband is my high school sweetheart. We started dating at the end of our junior year, went to the same college, and got married the summer after we graduated from college.
9. I have been having fun finding out the small differences in the ways my husband and I do things. For example, he has to eat with a tablespoon and I have to eat with a teaspoon.
10. I am very shy for a very long time when I meet people, and only a few people see my more fun side. I got teased all the time in 5th and 6th grade, so I think that definitely contributed to my initial reservations in meeting people.
11. I have VERY odd sleeping requirements. The temperature has to be just cold enough, yet I need the right amount of heaviness of blankets. I also need the alarm to be set for a weird time. If I have to wake up at 5:30, I'll set it for 5:33 because it feels like just a little more sleep.
QUESTIONS FROM EMILY:
1. What is the quote you live by and why? "Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice! Your kindness should be known to all. The Lord is near. Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ." - Phillipians 4:6
I love this quote and am constantly striving to give thanks and praise to God in every situation, to stop worrying so much, and to pray more. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a lifelong process.
2. What is the song that describes your life? This is tough! I am going to go with Phil Vassar - Just Another Day in Paradise. We don't have kids, so that's not really applicable, but I feel like we have a very simple, ordinary life, yet I absolutely love it and wouldn't change it for the world!
3. What are you most looking forward to in your future? Graduating from grad school and having a family!!! :)
4. What is your biggest wish right now? To survive this semester of school!
5. What TV show are you constantly keeping up with? We don't have cable, but when we got a free trial of Netflix we watched all 4 seasons of Prison Break. It was an intense, action packed show and my husband and I were both so hooked on it.
6. If you could do anything in the world (despite the cost) what would you do? Travel all over! There are so many places I'd love to go to! I've always wanted to travel to Italy, England, Greece, Thailand, and somewhere exotic like Tahiti. For now I'll just keep dreaming. :)
7. What is your favorite sports team? I am definitely not a die-hard sports fan, but I'm going to have to go with the Tar Heels! When I was younger I was obsessed with the US Women's soccer team, and my room at home was decorated red, white and blue. My ceiling was blue with white stars!
8. Tell me about your best friend(s). My very best friend is my husband. He was born in England, and he also lived in Canada before moving the the States. He is incredibly hard-working, smart, athletic, and extremely creative. Believe it or not, he designed a lot of the things we used in our wedding, like table numbers, water bottle wrappers, and candy wrappers. He is faithful to God and incredibly loyal to me. He is the goofiest person in the world, which matches with my personality very well. He makes me laugh every, single day, and I also obviously think he is super handsome! :) He might not like me saying this on here, but he's also a romantic softie! One of my very best friends from college is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. We met when we joined a Christian sorority our freshman year, we were officers together in the sorority, and we spent our last year of college working together in our dorm. She is very upbeat, positive, and enthusiastic, and I can never leave from hanging out with her in a bad mood. She is full of integrity, and she's also a fantastic event planner! She's an amazing teacher in another city, and I miss living down the hall from her terribly!
9. What would your ideal job be? What I am going to school for right now! (I really am being serious, I am so excited about it!) If I wasn't doing that, I love to be baker, a photographer, or do some sort of exercise program with kids to combat childhood obesity. I know the baking and obesity don't really go along, but it's all about moderation! :)
10. Ketchup or mustard? Ketchup, but I love both on veggie burgers
11. One word to describe yourself: passionate
11 questions for anyone else to answer:
I would tag people, but I think I am late to this, so anyone who has not already been tagged can write a post! :)
1. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
2. Peanut butter or nutella?
3. Who do you most admire in this world and why?
4. What's your favorite type of music?
5. What job would you do if money and time did not matter?
6. What's your favorite dessert?
7. What is your favorite hobby?
8. What was your favorite book as a child?
9. What event in your life has contributed most to the person you are today?
10. Tell me one thing others wouldn't immediately know about you.
11. Beach or mountains?